Topics: how to back up computer data, back up your computer files, how to back up your files, backup data
One of the most ignored responsibilities of every computer owner is having a backup of their computer files. Learning how to back up your files is not hard but most people tend to ignore it until they come to a point of losing a very important data and not being able to retrieve it.
If you don’t want this to happen, here are ways on how to back up your files.
1. Store them in your other PC. If you have more that one PC, you can store important on each other by zipping them of course, to minimize disk usage. One downside to this is that, it eats up a lot of disk space in your PC and may slow it down.
2. Copy them in DVDs. One of the easiest ways to back up your files is to store them in DVDs or CDs. DVDs have higher storage capacity than CDs, thus you may want to choose the first option to make it less bulkier if you want to bring along your backup data if you go on traveling.
3. Attach them in your email, or send them to your second email address. One of the free ways to store your files and data online is to send them to your second email as an attachment. Emails these days support large attachments and have larger storage capacity, so you can also take advantage of that as your online storage. Another good thing about it is you can access your files everywhere for as long as you have internet access.
4. Use online storage sites. Although most of these sites collect a fee or storage, some may also offer a limited but free storage. For as long as your files do not exceed the limit of the free service, you can avail of this online storage without any costs. However, if you want to make your files secure in one place and you want it to be accessible online, availing of online storage sites can also be a good option. Some of these sites also even allow you to share files from one computer to another if you wish to do so.
5. Use your external hard drive. Portable external hard drives are also great storage for your files and data. They are portable so you can also enjoy the convenience of bringing it around and they have much bigger capacity than DVDs, so you wouldn’t be bringing a lot of them too.
6. USB Flash drives. If you want something portable, with high storage capacity but a lot smaller than an external hard drive, your high-capacity USB flash drive would be the most convenient way on how to back up your files. With high-capacity USB flash drives now in the market, you can indeed store a good amount of backup data on it. Just make sure you are not also carrying around with it a virus infection.
Carolyn Anderson makes sure she has a good backup of her files. If you want to store everything on a DVD, check out this www.dp-db.com. Also check out www.dp-db.com, a great tool to help you create a backup for your favorite games.
Previous Articles Highlighter:
How Do Students Create Excellent Storyboards In Simple Steps? (1)
Remember, the high art of the storyboard is getting as much into one screen as possible. You want your storyboard to be detailed, but with that said you want it as simple as possible.
What Is The Best Way To Pay Your Bills? (2)
Many banks have online bill pay and most utilities have the ability to be paid online as well. I have been wondering if it is more effective to have your accounts set up on automatic bill payments or to set up the recurring payments with your bank.
For Business And PC Hardware Repair Look For Experts (3)
Similarly, in a home setting, a broken personal computer is no fun either. In fact, today in this hi-tech world it is simply impossible to imagine a single day without logging on to check email or playing a favorite game.
Do You Need To Upgrade Your PC Hardware To Speed Up Your Computer? (4)
They will not be removed from your system, however. You will need to get a good and updates anti-malware software and run scans in order to detect and remove these nasty intruders.
Finding The Right USB Cable For Your Hardware (5)
The USB cable plugs into the USB port of your computer and will enable the device to communicate with your computer. If you have an older printer, for example, that works properly but does not have a USB connection, you can solve this issue and get it to communicate with your computer by getting a USB adaptor as well as a USB cable for the computer.
Solar Monitor: The Easy Way To Keep An Eye On The Sun (6)
Now is a great time to begin monitoring the correlation between increased solar activity and planet change, and this app makes it a very easy thing to accomplish. It is compatible strictly with iPhone and iPod Touch devices, and comes at an incredibly reasonable cost for its many excellent features.
Topics: conveyor chain, conveyor, chain conveyor, conveyor systems, conveyor components
Make Massive Savings Through Canon Multifunction Printer (8)
By using the Canon multifunction printer you can mention that you company is making an effort to go green, which will please other companies that you work with. Another way that you can save money through using the a multifunction printer is through the removal of the large photocopiers around the office.
Cheap Vs. Expensive Cell Phones (9)
This phone also comes with the internet and it is downloadable for applications and more. This phone appears to give you allot for the price. Samsung m230 is another sporty looking phone.
Keep Your Computer Up-To-Date And Prevent Errors (10)
This is one of the reasons why it is important for you to perform regular computer program updates to ensure efficient functioning of your system and to prevent errors due to compatibility issues.
Newer Articles Highlighter:
Keep Your Electronic Devices Clean And Extend Their Life Exponentially (1)
When making a purchase, be sure to choose the correct corresponding cleaner. Some cleaners are designed specifically for laptop or other types of screens. Antistatic cleaners also work well for cleaning your computer casing and other equipment like fax machines, video and audio equipment and telephones.
How To Back Up Computer Files - Some Tips And Tricks Not To Lose Important Files Again (2)
For as long as you have the internet connection, you will be able to access your backup data. Aside from attaching them to your emails, you can also find great sites that offer online storage.
Why Should My Organization Switch To Business VoIP Services? (3)
These systems, particularly in the form of virtual or IP PBX systems can perform similarly or even better than standard PBX systems -- but without the costly hardware and manpower requirements.
Legal DS Game Downloads (4)
They see the word free and think all is well. As a parent you need to be informed. First, if something is free that doesn't mean it is a good thing.
Back Up Your Computer Files And Avoid Losing Important Data (5)
Copy your files, music, videos, into the disk as well as your favorite games and other programs. - Store your files in an external hard drive. With much higher storage capacity and also portable like the DVDs, external hard drives are also great storage devices for your office files and documents and other files that you want to backup.
Using Decorative Lighting To Make A House Into Home (6)
Barry Wax of Brodwax Lighting gladly offers a number of options when it comes to puck light fixtures on Brodwax's site. To view these and other options, like a fluorescent light fixture, visit us today.
Residential And Business Phone Service Differences (7)
With VoIP, an easily upgradeable and expandable system can be created almost for free and any additional servicing costs are held to a minimum. Residential phone users often need only one or at the most two phone lines and/or numbers.
Business Center Solutions For Any Size Business (8)
I wasn't trained at all. They just threw me on the sales floor and handed me the headset. I looked at the person sitting next to me with a look of bewilderment that would make Laurel and Hardy laugh.
How To Soft Mod Your Wii (9)
Otherwise, you may use either an external harddisk or a USB stick rather than DVDs. ( c ) Unlocking Wii software. You receive files after downloading, and you want to stick them in the SD Card.
Tips For Building Your Own Computer (10)
But when it comes to knowledge about hardware, most tend to throw up their hands in despair. Most computer users are totally ignorant about the assembly of the computers and often get intimidated by any small hardware problem.