Topics: how to back up computer data, back up your computer files, how to back up your files, backup data
One of the most ignored responsibilities of every computer owner is having a backup of their computer files. Learning how to back up your files is not hard but most people tend to ignore it until they come to a point of losing a very important data and not being able to retrieve it.
If you don’t want this to happen, here are ways on how to back up your files.
1. Store them in your other PC. If you have more that one PC, you can store important on each other by zipping them of course, to minimize disk usage. One downside to this is that, it eats up a lot of disk space in your PC and may slow it down.
2. Copy them in DVDs. One of the easiest ways to back up your files is to store them in DVDs or CDs. DVDs have higher storage capacity than CDs, thus you may want to choose the first option to make it less bulkier if you want to bring along your backup data if you go on traveling.
3. Attach them in your email, or send them to your second email address. One of the free ways to store your files and data online is to send them to your second email as an attachment. Emails these days support large attachments and have larger storage capacity, so you can also take advantage of that as your online storage. Another good thing about it is you can access your files everywhere for as long as you have internet access.
4. Use online storage sites. Although most of these sites collect a fee or storage, some may also offer a limited but free storage. For as long as your files do not exceed the limit of the free service, you can avail of this online storage without any costs. However, if you want to make your files secure in one place and you want it to be accessible online, availing of online storage sites can also be a good option. Some of these sites also even allow you to share files from one computer to another if you wish to do so.
5. Use your external hard drive. Portable external hard drives are also great storage for your files and data. They are portable so you can also enjoy the convenience of bringing it around and they have much bigger capacity than DVDs, so you wouldn’t be bringing a lot of them too.
6. USB Flash drives. If you want something portable, with high storage capacity but a lot smaller than an external hard drive, your high-capacity USB flash drive would be the most convenient way on how to back up your files. With high-capacity USB flash drives now in the market, you can indeed store a good amount of backup data on it. Just make sure you are not also carrying around with it a virus infection.
Carolyn Anderson makes sure she has a good backup of her files. If you want to store everything on a DVD, check out this www.dp-db.com. Also check out www.dp-db.com, a great tool to help you create a backup for your favorite games.
Previous Articles Highlighter:
How Do Students Create Excellent Storyboards In Simple Steps? (1)
You might also include the text that will be shown on screen, or you can make another section for the text. Audio Section: Here is where you write out the script, the name of the music file or recording, and the sound effects (SFX) that will play on each screen.
What Is The Best Way To Pay Your Bills? (2)
If you were going to be making payments with your regular checks, you pay for the checks and the envelopes. If you are having payments set up on an automatic withdrawal and payment schedule, the company processing the payment will try to withdraw the money at a preset time.
For Business And PC Hardware Repair Look For Experts (3)
Either you have to take your computer to a repair center or some experts will come to your place to rectify the computer problem, in a proper and cost-effective manner.
Do You Need To Upgrade Your PC Hardware To Speed Up Your Computer? (4)
Since upgrades are seldom cost-effective, it is always best to try and troubleshoot your speed problems without buying new computer hardware. PC Gaming Hardware is a website that commitment to promote PC Gaming Hardware and discount computer PC hardware, check out www.mypchardware.com
Finding The Right USB Cable For Your Hardware (5)
Because technology is changing so rapidly, many people feel that they are stuck with outdated hardware that no longer fits with their newer computers or laptops. Others are using older model computers that sill work but do not have USB ports.
Solar Monitor: The Easy Way To Keep An Eye On The Sun (6)
Finally, the Telescope screen provides access to NASAs images of the sun and the eight different views of the magnetic fields and ejections of energy that solar activity has created..
Topics: conveyor chain, conveyor, chain conveyor, conveyor systems, conveyor components
Make Massive Savings Through Canon Multifunction Printer (8)
By utilising the power of the Canon multifunction printer you can eliminate another power hungry device from your office. So you see there are a number of benefits to having a multifunction printer in your office in 2010, the only question now is will you take the necessary steps to save money, the environment and electricity.
Cheap Vs. Expensive Cell Phones (9)
The multi-coloured faces somehow make the phones look more glamorous if that is what you are into. For someone who doesn`t mind what a phone looks like, or for those where it doesn`t matter how trendy the phone is, going cheaper might be fine.
Keep Your Computer Up-To-Date And Prevent Errors (10)
If you can make it a habit to spend a small amount of time and money to update computer hardware, software and the operating system, you can easily prevent various PC errors and improve the efficiency your machine.
Newer Articles Highlighter:
Keep Your Electronic Devices Clean And Extend Their Life Exponentially (1)
Cyber Clean is another new option for cleaning electronics. This putty-like compound can be pressed into small spaces like keyboards and air vents easily. It then absorbs dirt and residues to deep clean your surfaces.
How To Back Up Computer Files - Some Tips And Tricks Not To Lose Important Files Again (2)
To help you create your backup, check out how to www.dp-db.com. Also check out www.dp-db.com, a tool that protects your privacy by erasing any internet history in your PC.
Why Should My Organization Switch To Business VoIP Services? (3)
Although most PBX systems can be upgraded to accommodate future business expansions, the system would still need additional equipment, not to mention the additional requirement for system operators to accommodate the expansion.
Legal DS Game Downloads (4)
Just because the Nintendo DS is not a computer doesn't mean it can not be infected with the same things your computer can be infected with. For the sake of your child's DS, it is best not to get free DS game downloads.
Back Up Your Computer Files And Avoid Losing Important Data (5)
Even if your PC is protected from virus infection, sudden crash of your hard disk, or the crashing of your computer in general can also lose you data. Children playing with the keyboards, frequent power surges and many other factors can lead to loss of data that you will dread later.
Using Decorative Lighting To Make A House Into Home (6)
Turning a house into a home is more than just furniture and material decorations. Creating beautiful and soothing textures and patterns with various light sources is a decorating art form in itself and should be utilized to its fullest when planning the warmth of your peaceful haven.
Residential And Business Phone Service Differences (7)
New feature sets are unlocked that create new possibilities such as network presence and communication using multiple media formats. Unified communications allows telecommuting and the creation of virtual workplaces, using hosted VoIP as the conduit to increase productivity and lower overall costs.
Business Center Solutions For Any Size Business (8)
Little did I know that it was the mute button. So how does this present a business solution? Using an IP phone allows a business to make long distance telephone calls without paying the normal tolls.
How To Soft Mod Your Wii (9)
Start by formatting the SD Card. Download all of the required files the transfer the SD Card to your wii. Go to the wii button at below left.
Tips For Building Your Own Computer (10)
Most computer users are totally ignorant about the assembly of the computers and often get intimidated by any small hardware problem. Though at first glance, the wiring and component assembly might look confusing and like a jig-saw puzzle, it is not so.