Topics: how to back up computer data, back up your computer files, how to back up your files, backup data
One of the most ignored responsibilities of every computer owner is having a backup of their computer files. Learning how to back up your files is not hard but most people tend to ignore it until they come to a point of losing a very important data and not being able to retrieve it.
If you don’t want this to happen, here are ways on how to back up your files.
1. Store them in your other PC. If you have more that one PC, you can store important on each other by zipping them of course, to minimize disk usage. One downside to this is that, it eats up a lot of disk space in your PC and may slow it down.
2. Copy them in DVDs. One of the easiest ways to back up your files is to store them in DVDs or CDs. DVDs have higher storage capacity than CDs, thus you may want to choose the first option to make it less bulkier if you want to bring along your backup data if you go on traveling.
3. Attach them in your email, or send them to your second email address. One of the free ways to store your files and data online is to send them to your second email as an attachment. Emails these days support large attachments and have larger storage capacity, so you can also take advantage of that as your online storage. Another good thing about it is you can access your files everywhere for as long as you have internet access.
4. Use online storage sites. Although most of these sites collect a fee or storage, some may also offer a limited but free storage. For as long as your files do not exceed the limit of the free service, you can avail of this online storage without any costs. However, if you want to make your files secure in one place and you want it to be accessible online, availing of online storage sites can also be a good option. Some of these sites also even allow you to share files from one computer to another if you wish to do so.
5. Use your external hard drive. Portable external hard drives are also great storage for your files and data. They are portable so you can also enjoy the convenience of bringing it around and they have much bigger capacity than DVDs, so you wouldn’t be bringing a lot of them too.
6. USB Flash drives. If you want something portable, with high storage capacity but a lot smaller than an external hard drive, your high-capacity USB flash drive would be the most convenient way on how to back up your files. With high-capacity USB flash drives now in the market, you can indeed store a good amount of backup data on it. Just make sure you are not also carrying around with it a virus infection.
Carolyn Anderson makes sure she has a good backup of her files. If you want to store everything on a DVD, check out this www.dp-db.com. Also check out www.dp-db.com, a great tool to help you create a backup for your favorite games.
Previous Articles Highlighter:
How Do Students Create Excellent Storyboards In Simple Steps? (1)
Begin by minding which medium you are using for it. In Word, go into landscape mode, create your template, and let each page be one screen. If you use PowerPoint, create a template and let each slide be one screen.
What Is The Best Way To Pay Your Bills? (2)
Honestly, how often does that really happen? I used to work customer service and the biggest problem we had with payments crediting was the customer not sending them to us.
For Business And PC Hardware Repair Look For Experts (3)
There are many people who buy a computer from a reputed brand and think that they don't have to bother much about computer repairs. This is what most people think as they have bought a brand new computer from a reputed brand name.
Do You Need To Upgrade Your PC Hardware To Speed Up Your Computer? (4)
Restarting your computers can also work wonders to cure PC slowdowns. Sometimes, unwanted applications can run stealthily in the background and use up valuable system resources. If you are still plagued by speed problems on a squeaky clean system that is managing only a few open applications, your computer may be infected with malware such as viruses, spyware and adware.
Finding The Right USB Cable For Your Hardware (5)
The USB cable plugs into the USB port of your computer and will enable the device to communicate with your computer. If you have an older printer, for example, that works properly but does not have a USB connection, you can solve this issue and get it to communicate with your computer by getting a USB adaptor as well as a USB cable for the computer.
Solar Monitor: The Easy Way To Keep An Eye On The Sun (6)
It is these solar storms, which leave areas of darkness within the normally glowing regions of the sun, that create blasts of wind across the solar system. This solar activity also has an impact on "ham" radio operators too, which is the reason that both weather and radio enthusiasts keep a very watchful eye on the sun.
Topics: conveyor chain, conveyor, chain conveyor, conveyor systems, conveyor components
Make Massive Savings Through Canon Multifunction Printer (8)
By utilising the power of the Canon multifunction printer you can eliminate another power hungry device from your office. So you see there are a number of benefits to having a multifunction printer in your office in 2010, the only question now is will you take the necessary steps to save money, the environment and electricity.
Cheap Vs. Expensive Cell Phones (9)
It is also clever enough to sit in the palm of your hand comfortably. The LG Rumour is a phone that is loaded with features. It comes with a 1.3 MP camera and camcorder.
Keep Your Computer Up-To-Date And Prevent Errors (10)
In the absence of this feature, you may need to download the updates from the product website. Just like old software may cause errors, outdated drivers can also lead to complications.
Newer Articles Highlighter:
Keep Your Electronic Devices Clean And Extend Their Life Exponentially (1)
This putty-like compound can be pressed into small spaces like keyboards and air vents easily. It then absorbs dirt and residues to deep clean your surfaces. Keeping clean electronics is important.
How To Back Up Computer Files - Some Tips And Tricks Not To Lose Important Files Again (2)
Aside from attaching them to your emails, you can also find great sites that offer online storage. Some of them may provide free online services to a limited backup size but may require a fee for large ones.
Why Should My Organization Switch To Business VoIP Services? (3)
Companies that have switched to VoIP have already realized more than 40% savings on local calls and 90% on international calls -- and it has proven that it can offer more.
Legal DS Game Downloads (4)
These are also likely illegal. That really isn't something you want to be getting into over a DS game, is it? The best thing you can do is purchase legal DS game downloads for your child.
Back Up Your Computer Files And Avoid Losing Important Data (5)
- Back up your computer files on DVD. Although you can do this with a CD, storing them in DVD format allows a larger capacity for one disk and that eliminates the problem of storing a lot of CDs.
Using Decorative Lighting To Make A House Into Home (6)
Barry Wax of Brodwax Lighting gladly offers a number of options when it comes to puck light fixtures on Brodwax's site. To view these and other options, like a fluorescent light fixture, visit us today.
Residential And Business Phone Service Differences (7)
When VoIP is combined with desktop Internet access and other communications applications, the possibilities for streamlining data transfer and retrieval increase dramatically. New feature sets are unlocked that create new possibilities such as network presence and communication using multiple media formats.
Business Center Solutions For Any Size Business (8)
You will see that the program runs as smooth as silk. Can you imagine being on the phone with a very important client and you are in the middle the biggest negotiation of your career and all of a sudden you cannot hear them?
How To Soft Mod Your Wii (9)
This is the channel you will go thru in order to play DVDs and games. Start by formatting the SD Card. Download all of the required files the transfer the SD Card to your wii.
Tips For Building Your Own Computer (10)
Summing up, then, it really is better to build your own PC from the point of view of getting better components and better performance as also the fact that in putting it together, you learn a lot which helps if there's a problem with the computer later on.