Topics: how to back up computer data, back up your computer files, how to back up your files, backup data
One of the most ignored responsibilities of every computer owner is having a backup of their computer files. Learning how to back up your files is not hard but most people tend to ignore it until they come to a point of losing a very important data and not being able to retrieve it.
If you don’t want this to happen, here are ways on how to back up your files.
1. Store them in your other PC. If you have more that one PC, you can store important on each other by zipping them of course, to minimize disk usage. One downside to this is that, it eats up a lot of disk space in your PC and may slow it down.
2. Copy them in DVDs. One of the easiest ways to back up your files is to store them in DVDs or CDs. DVDs have higher storage capacity than CDs, thus you may want to choose the first option to make it less bulkier if you want to bring along your backup data if you go on traveling.
3. Attach them in your email, or send them to your second email address. One of the free ways to store your files and data online is to send them to your second email as an attachment. Emails these days support large attachments and have larger storage capacity, so you can also take advantage of that as your online storage. Another good thing about it is you can access your files everywhere for as long as you have internet access.
4. Use online storage sites. Although most of these sites collect a fee or storage, some may also offer a limited but free storage. For as long as your files do not exceed the limit of the free service, you can avail of this online storage without any costs. However, if you want to make your files secure in one place and you want it to be accessible online, availing of online storage sites can also be a good option. Some of these sites also even allow you to share files from one computer to another if you wish to do so.
5. Use your external hard drive. Portable external hard drives are also great storage for your files and data. They are portable so you can also enjoy the convenience of bringing it around and they have much bigger capacity than DVDs, so you wouldn’t be bringing a lot of them too.
6. USB Flash drives. If you want something portable, with high storage capacity but a lot smaller than an external hard drive, your high-capacity USB flash drive would be the most convenient way on how to back up your files. With high-capacity USB flash drives now in the market, you can indeed store a good amount of backup data on it. Just make sure you are not also carrying around with it a virus infection.
Carolyn Anderson makes sure she has a good backup of her files. If you want to store everything on a DVD, check out this www.dp-db.com. Also check out www.dp-db.com, a great tool to help you create a backup for your favorite games.
Previous Articles Highlighter:
How Do Students Create Excellent Storyboards In Simple Steps? (1)
You need to create the following sections: Title Section: Here you put the topic, module, unit, or lesson name. Screen Number Section: You want a unique identifier for each one of your screens.
What Is The Best Way To Pay Your Bills? (2)
If your payments are going to be mailed from the bank, you don't pay for the postage, the bank does. If you were going to be making payments with your regular checks, you pay for the checks and the envelopes.
For Business And PC Hardware Repair Look For Experts (3)
If you use a computer for business purposes and it breaks down suddenly you will need to repair it as fast as possible. There are many valuable information related to your business that are stored in your computer and without it you might have to face heavy losses in your business.
Do You Need To Upgrade Your PC Hardware To Speed Up Your Computer? (4)
Since upgrades are seldom cost-effective, it is always best to try and troubleshoot your speed problems without buying new computer hardware. PC Gaming Hardware is a website that commitment to promote PC Gaming Hardware and discount computer PC hardware, check out www.mypchardware.com
Finding The Right USB Cable For Your Hardware (5)
Topics: computer hardware USB ccable in your PC hardware is used by other hardware. The use of high frequency. The USB port is universal, so in order to purchase the correct USB cables, you need to know the model and make of the device you wish to connect to your computer.
Solar Monitor: The Easy Way To Keep An Eye On The Sun (6)
It is these solar storms, which leave areas of darkness within the normally glowing regions of the sun, that create blasts of wind across the solar system. This solar activity also has an impact on "ham" radio operators too, which is the reason that both weather and radio enthusiasts keep a very watchful eye on the sun.
Topics: conveyor chain, conveyor, chain conveyor, conveyor systems, conveyor components
Make Massive Savings Through Canon Multifunction Printer (8)
By using the Canon multifunction printer you can mention that you company is making an effort to go green, which will please other companies that you work with. Another way that you can save money through using the a multifunction printer is through the removal of the large photocopiers around the office.
Cheap Vs. Expensive Cell Phones (9)
With a Blue-tooth and a MP3 player you will be sure to feel like you have a more expensive phone. The comparison between cell phones and their prices might have something to do with look.
Keep Your Computer Up-To-Date And Prevent Errors (10)
Software manufacturers release regular updates to make sure that their software is free from bugs and safe from external threats. This is one of the reasons why it is important for you to perform regular computer program updates to ensure efficient functioning of your system and to prevent errors due to compatibility issues.
Newer Articles Highlighter:
Keep Your Electronic Devices Clean And Extend Their Life Exponentially (1)
This means they're also useful for cleaning your desktop area. Compressed air dusters are another great tool for cleaning electronic equipment. Also known as "canned air", these dusters are also available at any computer or office supply store.
How To Back Up Computer Files - Some Tips And Tricks Not To Lose Important Files Again (2)
If you want to make sure and have your backup data with you, you can also use your external hard drive and your high-storage capacity USB flash drive. These are convenient to bring around and you can access for as long as you have a PC.
Why Should My Organization Switch To Business VoIP Services? (3)
Although most PBX systems can be upgraded to accommodate future business expansions, the system would still need additional equipment, not to mention the additional requirement for system operators to accommodate the expansion.
Legal DS Game Downloads (4)
Just like when you bought that NERF case to keep the DS in so it wouldn't get broken - again. DS games are a whole lot of fun and can bring a whole new dimension to DS gaming, however you want to be sure you get the games in a legal, safe way.
Back Up Your Computer Files And Avoid Losing Important Data (5)
If you don't want to go hysterical finding for ways to retrieve a lost data, here are some ways on how to back up your computer files that will help you calm down even if your computer crashes.
Using Decorative Lighting To Make A House Into Home (6)
Decorating a living space where you want to create a comfortable atmosphere of texture and interest requires utilizing several gentler and lower light sources compared to a strong and intense overhead light.
Residential And Business Phone Service Differences (7)
Voicemail, caller ID and call waiting are the most commonly used special features. Business phone customers have a larger subset of needs, starting with higher call volume, the need for multiple 'lines', the ability to hold or transfer calls, automated call handling, extension dialing, fax capabilities and conferencing.
Business Center Solutions For Any Size Business (8)
New employees may find this system takes a little getting used to. The tangle of wires and all of the new equipment seems a little overwhelming. Walking into a call center they may feel a sense of hitting a wrong button and blowing up the world.
How To Soft Mod Your Wii (9)
Make sure that your PC has a DVD burner and a DVD-burning software installed. You can download a DVD-Burning software unreservedly on-line. Otherwise, you may use either an external harddisk or a USB stick rather than DVDs.
Tips For Building Your Own Computer (10)
It is true that one can get the cheapest possible computer from the market, yet for people looking for a special customization of system components for a particular purpose, building their own PC can only provide a total control over the type and quality of the components.